On January 13, 1906, Loma Linda Academy humbly began with six students in a tent pitched on the side of Sanitarium Hill in Loma Linda California. The following year, enrollment grew to twelve. This class with teacher Mrs. Otis Fisher, posed for the above picture. By 1917, high school students were also attending and LLA graduated its first class in 1921. In order to meet the needs of the thriving school, a building, now known as Franz Hall, was built in the 1930s. Through the years, LLA has gratefully counted many blessings and dealt with many challenges, including fires and floods. More than 7000 alumni have filled the hallways since that humble beginning. Now, over 100 years later, the school has undergone major renovations including new classrooms, gymnasiums, administration facilities and student "quad" areas. Although the elementary, junior high and high school now have their own areas of the campus, they are one in purpose. Currently LLA is educating more than 1300 students for eternity.