School Maker Faire
Required School Day
Sunday, March 18, 2018
Sunday, March 18 will be a required school day as we kick off our first School Maker Faire. LLA joins the growing Maker Faire movement as it provides a great format for hands-on STEAMS learning. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math, and Service). Come enjoy the activities, entertainment, speakers and food for sale! Parents are invited.
Some things you need to know:
While this Maker Faire is a SUNDAY event, it is a required school day with activities from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Expect to spend at least 4 hours to complete 25 booth tasks.
To receive attendance credit, each student is required to complete the following:
- Elementary visit 25 booths
- Junior High visit 25 booths and 1 lecture
- High School visit 25 booths and 2 lectures
Parents with Young Children
TK-4th grade students must be supervised by an adult (not sibling).
Please dress casually for hands-on activities. School uniforms are not required.
No School Monday
Remember, Spring Break is a day longer to allow for this special event. The school calendar marks NO SCHOOL on Monday, April 2.
More exciting news and details to come in the next few weeks
Faire Food - Lunch
Orders by March 2
Corn Dogs, Burritos, Pizza and More!
LLA’s 1st Maker Faire promises a great time for people of all ages and interests! Here are just a few of the activities to look forward to:
If you love technology, you will want to be sure to check out:
- Pacific Union College’s booth on Cameraless Photography and sun-printing.
- SILVERengines’ Fabrication "3D Printing.”
- GHP Animatronics demonstration on Animatronics.
- La Sierra’s Laser Engraving and Etching.
- EXSEED’s “bionic human” 3D printing.
If you want to learn more about diverse scientific fields:
Study the body at
- La Sierra University’s free Health & Body Composition Assessment.
- Andrew’s University’s “Muscle Mania” exhibit
- Our “That is Gross!” booth on Human Bodily Functions
Learn about Chemistry, Paleontology, and Electricity at
- Loma Linda’s Fire Department’s Static Display
- Pacific Union College’s Thermoelectricity booth
- Southwestern Adventist University’s Paleontology station
- Andrew’s “Making with Chemistry” exhibit.
If you enjoy art and fashion, come explore:
- Jenjoink’s specialty art classes and educational Children’s books.
- Light Painting Sticks’ light painting.
- LLA’s “The Good Vibe” booth filled with Design, Art, DIY’s, and Fashion
- LLA’s Jazzy G’s Chique Boutique with tips for Décor and Jewelry.
- Southern Adventist University’s Clothing & Apparel display.
If you prefer hands on tasks:
- Head over to 10x 10 Turning and learn about wood working,
- Visit La Sierra’s booth on Film making,
- Hear Pacific Union College’s advice on planting your own succulent Garden.
- Learn how to build DIY multirotors, quad copters, and drones from June Bug 2.0 Quad Copter.
- Discover how to create alternative energy sources with dirt from EXSEED.
- Uncover the art of soldering and manufacturing from Andrew’s Physics Department
- Learn how to make your own DIY Sugar Scrub
Want even more activities and exhibits?
- Visit the LLA’s 7th grade class’s booth and join in on their paper airplane challenge.
- Explore Robotics at Relic Recovery and our LLA Robo Runner’s booths.
- Witness a paper rocket launch at LLA’s booth.
- Make a shirt at La Sierra’s T-Shirt decorating booth.
- Experience LLA’s Vertical Wind Tunnel
Come experience all of this and so much more! We can’t wait to see you there!
FREE 10X10 BOOTH SPACE for Makers
- FOOD BOOTHS
- MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT
- CATAPULTS, ROCKETS & OTHER EXHIBITS
Loma Linda Academy is embarking on a new community event – we are providing the space and time for a Maker Faire. We want to inspire students, parents, and individuals to invent, create, and make special things. Our first Faire will be >> Sunday, March 18, 2018. This event will be for anyone that wants to come share their creations, skills, and inventions to students and their parents from grades Preschool through 12th grade. We expect about 1200 students plus their parents and grandparents to attend that day.
A Maker Faire showcases the amazing work of all kinds and ages of makers—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (DIY or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
If you would like to support the Loma Linda Academy Maker Faire, please contact Gene Oswald at or by calling 909-796-0161 ext. 3291.
Help us make this a great learning day for the students and local community.
In 2019 we plan to make this event an area-wide event and invite all schools and the community to attend the event.
|$200.00||Supporter – Company or Personal name on printed program|
|$500.00||Silver Supporter – Company/Personal name on advertising/Company Ad in program|
|$1,000.00||Gold Supporter – Name on advertising Company Ad in program/Logo On Banners/T-shirts|
|$5,000.00||Platinum Supporter – Same as above plus mentioned in radio announcements|
|$10,000.00||Major Name Supporter – Name on all event items as well as all the above|
In 2019 we plan to make this event an area wide event and invite all schools and the community to attend the event.
Chairman & TIE Teacher
909-796-0161 ext. 3291
Complete and submit an application to .
...or complete the online form below.
MAKER FAIRE HISTORY: CLICK HERE
If you are a Maker, Innovator, Artist, DIY individual we would love for you to come share your creation with us that day. There is no cost to you for your space. We provide you with the space and electricity you need to set up your booth or exhibit. We have two indoor gyms, several large fields and all outdoor booths will be provided a 10x10 easy-up for shade and covering.
If you would like to have students make things at your booth we would love that. Things that students can see operate; work, or hands on things are all welcome.
If you have a training facility or club you would like to showcase, you are welcome.
Please fill out the form and submit it to us so we can make all the arrangements to have your special place ready for you.
Please come share your talents and innovations with the students of Loma Linda Academy and the surrounding cities of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.