Create an application and submit a candidate information packet
1. Type a document with the following information:
Please type the following information on a separate piece of paper (google doc or pdf). Include your homeroom and present grade level (10, 11, or 12). Make sure your name is on every page (header recommended) you submit. List only activities done during high school (nothing before 9th grade starts). Note the grade level(s) (9, 10, 11, or 12) you participated in each.
Be as specific as possible. Every detail will benefit our understanding of what you have participated in or accomplished. The more complete and more specific the record, the stronger the application.
Leadership: List and thoroughly describe all elected or appointed leadership positions held in school or community organizations. Only those positions for which you were directly responsible for directing or motivating others should be included. Note the length of term in office/position. Specify the leadership duties and/or responsibilities. An example of how to list each position is shown below.
Secretary of 10th grade class (2022-2023)
- Taking minutes at each weekly meeting (August 2021 through June 2022)
- Typing and distributing minutes at next meeting
- Attending/organizing noontime activities
Service: List and thoroughly describe all school/community activities to which you have donated time. Mention any major accomplishment in each. These should be any activities in which you participated for the betterment of your community voluntarily and for which you were not paid, given a grade, or received WEE credit. Working for your family business or participating in your family’s activities will not count. Note the number of hours spent on each activity and detail the hours volunteered or performance time, not practice or rehearsal time. Include signatures of adults supervising the community service activity.
Volunteer at the Children’s Hospital summer 2022
- Playing with kids
- Filing papers
- Running errands for staff
Total Hours: 80- 2hr/day. 5 days/week for 8 weeks _____________________________ Adult Signature
- Additional character reference or supporting documentation required.
One letter of recommendation from an adult who is not a Loma Linda Academy faculty member and who supervised you in a leadership role or a community service activity.
- Submit all documents to the office or via email, no later than Friday, October 13, 2023. Email: NHS@lla.org
- Wait for a response from the NHS Adviser. The NHS faculty council reviews each applicant carefully to ensure that those accepted to NHS have met the eligibility requirements to join. The selection of each member to the chapter shall be by a unanimous vote of the NHS faculty council.